Friday 12 July 2013

Pectoral Sandpiper at Rainham and Kingfisher at Lackford Lakes

I wanted to pop over to Rainham this morning to look for the Pectoral Sandpiper but the reserve doesn't open until mid morning so I filled the time with an early visit to Lackford Lakes in Suffolk where I found three Green Sandpipers, a Turtle Dove and a couple of Kingfishers performing from the double decker hide.

Green Sandpiper

Green Sandpiper
Kingfisher
Kingfisher
Kingfisher
After a nice morning at this Suffolk reserve I returned to sunny Essex and Rainham Marsh.
I marched around to the wooden boardwalk and scanned the pools from the first viewing platform to find the Pectoral Sandpiper on the far scrape with a Green Sandpiper, nine Greenshank and a pair of Little Ringed Plovers. Bird 257 of 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment