Wednesday 29 December 2021

Pacific Diver at Port Talbot

I've been itching to try for the Pacific Diver at Port Talbot for a while but circumstances prevented the twitch until yesterday when I collected the Jims and headed down the M4 into Wales. We covered the 200 miles in darkness and it rained for most of the journey as we arrived at first light. We got some advice from another birder on site about where to go to best view the reservoir and a after a short walk we were scoping the water and found the Pacific Diver within seconds as it was in the closest corner to us and showed really well allowing for some images although they are still quite heavily cropped.

I picked up a bonus year tick too when I found a Dipper along the edge of the reservoir but despite seeing the bird several times I was unable to get the Jims on it to their frustration.

So with these two birds I now find my life list has jumped to 426 and my year list to 241.






Still got one eye on the Belted Kingfisher but hoping it settles into a nicer routine than the current muddy walk to line the farmers pocket only to see the bird at great distance. I notice today it's moved further south so hopefully it'll relocate to a place where viewing is easier and closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment