Saturday, 25 July 2026

Another Yellow legged Gull

Since 20th July I've been seeing adult Yellow legged Gulls on the rooftops over at KGV and today I found one on north basin too. The Gull was the little bit of treasure for the four miles I put in again but today I also enjoyed 61 species on my walk with the Peregrine again watching the reservoir from the pylon, a Kingfisher on the same railings by the pump house as yesterday, a Redshank and 11 Common Sandpipers along with just a single Oystercatcher for the second day running. Having counted the Tufted to the grand total of 920 in the week today I counted the Coots again. I got to 380 just counting all those roosting on the bank. There's a few in the channel and a few mixed in with the Tufted so I reckon we're now over 400 as a total for Coots. Great crested Grebes remain around50-60 birds but Geese numbers are building with both Canada and Egyptian seemingly growing by the day. The Common Terns continue to feed their two chicks on south basin but I didn't see the one on north basin that was fishing for itself yesterday. I'm finding it fascinating watching the comings and goings as I visit with much more regularity than ever before. 

Onwards and upwards 

Common Terns

Kingfisher

Yellow legged Gull

Yellow legged Gull

Yellow legged Gull

Yellow legged Gull

Yellow legged Gull

Yellow legged Gull

Yellow legged Gull

Mallard


No comments:

Post a Comment