Saturday 12 May 2012

10th May and back to Dinas

The weather is bad. Rained heavy all night and the rivers are high.
Suzanne suggests we head back to Dinas so we pack up some sarnies fill the flask and we're off in the drizzle again. An hours drive with views of countless rivers bursting their banks and we're sitting in the car park. I'm thinking should I sit and watch from the car?.it's really wet! A couple pull up and get out..they put on wellies, water proofs long Barbour coats and big Barbour hats and off they go into the hills. I'm not feeling it and having now had Pied and Spotted Flycatcher (225) from the car I'm reluctant to move. After an hour they return and look sodden despite having the best wet gear money can buy....the women says she's off to the pub but if she could see her face and hair she'd not be going near a pub for sure...make up running down her boat and her barnet looking like a birds nest she really needed to go and lie in a hot bath nothing else!.
Another group arrive, five old dears in two cars but all together. They're staying in Newcastle Emlyn near Cardigan and after half an hour getting themselves ready they head off into the reserve and I have to admire their determination as they're out there over an hour but are not impressed when I tell them I've had Redstart, Pied and Spotted Flycatcher, Tree Pipit, Red Kite, Peregrine and Cuckoo from the comfort of the car.

Shortly after I see a large hawk drifting over and I'm saying Sprawk but it's huge and I think it's probably Goshawk.

A wet day but we enjoyed sitting together and seeing what we saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment