Thursday 5 March 2020

Finally the male Sparrowhawk comes to the garden

I've had juvenile and female Sparrowhawks visit the garden recently and whilst I've seen the male overhead a few times he's never come to the garden but today as I looked out from the kitchen window there he was sat on the fence by my feeders in the pouring rain. I grabbed the camera and grabbed a few images in the gloom ramping up the ISO to 6400 to generate a shutter speed that never really got going. These birds always seem to arrive in the gloom or when it's bright they sit in the only bit of shade the garden has....one day I'll get one in nice light.

Sparrowhawk

Tiny male Sparrowhawk

Sparrohawk

Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk
A joy to watch him sitting in the rain coming up with a plan of attack for lunch which thankfully didn't involve the birds at my feeders today.

No comments:

Post a Comment