Sunday 5 May 2024

First Youngster in the garden this year

Robin is usually the first young bird I get to see in the garden each year and this year is no different with the first sighting today which seems a little earlier than normal too.



So far this year I've seen fledglings of Lapwing, Avocet, Mallard, Greylag, Canada and Egyptian Goose but this Robin is the first for the garden.

A life tick was available yesterday but I couldn't find the time to twitch it four hours away at Spurn in Yorkshire, a fine male Collared Flycatcher and a bird I have previously dipped in Yorkshire. The bird had moved on today so my chance of adding this to the pointless life list may have gone for another year. Today an Alpine Accentor has been found an hour away at Pitstone in Bucks but again I can't get away but this isn't a life tick so doesn't hurt so much.

What mega will be next and will I find the time to chase it? I live in hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment