Tuesday 7 May 2024

Dipping again and a special day with the little guy

Pitstone Quarry
Having been busy on Sunday when the Alpine Accentor was found in Bucks and not needing it for a life tick I decided to make a run for it Monday morning. Being a bank holiday we covered the 40 miles around the M25 in about 45minutes and started the walk over Pitstone hill and down to muddy slopes on the other side. The path down into the quarry was a little too steep for Dad so we waited outside hoping for news which didn't come. I also had a walk to the top edge of the Quarry but with around fifty people walking about at the bottom I decided not to climb down saving that delight for positive news on the bird which never came.






The afternoon was spent with my Grandson buying presents at the Arsenal shop and taking him on a tour of the stadium with his Dad. His face on seeing the pitch for the first time was a delight and I bought him this seasons away kit and couldn't resist buying him a replica of the first shirt I ever had way back in 1971.

memories to cherish.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment