Tuesday 1 February 2022

Mean Averages

I was bored this evening so took a nerdy /geeky look at my mean averages of birds seen by month over the last decade and the results are in...

January        146                
February       15  (.4)              
March           15  (.3)
April             31  (.3)
May              21
June                9
July                5  (.5)
August           8  (.7)
September      6  (.4)
October          6  (.4)
November      4  (.7)
December       3  (.8)

Total            273  (.5)

The spring movement helps but otherwise after January it's always a slog for sure with some months where I find it difficult to get a single tick in a week.

Not the most motivational thing I've ever done but at least I can say that January 2022 was above average (148/146) and I know anything over 16 in February will be equally positive. 

Onwards and Upwards 

Next bored day will see me set out my earliest date by species.....be warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment