Thursday 4 February 2021

Still two Owls

Having only seen one Owl on my visit yesterday and having not seen either Owl fly for two days I made another trip today in the rain . I didn't expect much activity but thought I might find both Owls sitting out the rain and I'm glad I did make the effort even if it was a bit damp.

On arrival I found one Owl roosting on the main path side of the original roost happily sitting out the rain a few feet from the passing public. Cyclists, dog walkers, joggers me and Paul, it paid none of us any attention. Eventually the bird decided to wake and flew to an old favourite perch to preen before taking flight where it was briefly joined by the second bird  to confirm that both birds are still present although they have had three very quiet days.


Short-eared Owl

Short-eared Owl preening 

Four fly over Wigeon the only other thing worth a mention today and I left pleased to have seen both Owls in the air again today.


No comments:

Post a Comment