Thursday 17 December 2020

Tier Three

So as of Wednesday this week Essex is in the highest Tier for restrictions and we aren't supposed to travel to areas within a lower Tier so technically I can travel to Kent and London that are also in Tier three but then again the guidelines also suggest that we only travel locally and if essential.

I'm local to the park and I do consider my visits essential as I'd go barking mad without getting some exercise and fresh air and most important of all some BIRDS. So I visited today and guess what loads of other people thought the park was local and essential some having travelled quite a bit but technically from tier three to tier three so I guess that they too considered that flexibility in the guidelines.

The Owls performed well for the Tier three gathering so all left happy and I managed to find a little bit of the park to myself.

Other noteable birds in my essential local travel were....

Red Kite, Buzzard, Sparrowhawk, Kestrel, Redwings, Redpolls, Reed Buntings, Stonechat, Meadow Pipit etc etc...A decent fix!

Year list still 271

A few more Owl images.....

Eyes on the prize

Short-eared Owl

At least I had enough speed to freeze the head

Short-eared Owl

Just the best way to waste time

focused 

People taking my picture or the back of the bird

Tried the back lit shot 

And another fly by.


No comments:

Post a Comment