Sunday 8 November 2020

Lockdown Two day two

 Another walk over Gunpowder Park brought the lockdown two list to 41 species in the two days.

Additions included Meadow Pipit, Jay, Pheasant, Song Thrush, Little Egret and Lesser black-backed Gull. Highlight of the walk was a very late Short-eared Owl which appeared for no more than a couple of minutes just before I left and in very low light so I didn't lift the camera today.

It's good to get out of the house and take some exercise and of course it's always nice to see people especially those like minded individuals that are just out hoping to see a good bird or two and it can't be underestimated how important these trips are for mind and soul as well as the obvious benefit of taking some exercise.

Gunpowder Park at dusk

Gunpowder Park

A Common Nighthawk was seen in north Kent yesterday so I have one eye on that and should it appear to establish a routine anywhere I'd have to wrestle with my moral obligations under lockdown rules for sure and likewise the Greater Yellowlegs in Suffolk could see me stretch my reasonable distance measuring stick a little.



Year list still 268

No comments:

Post a Comment