Sunday 7 June 2020

Cemetery birding

I drove down to Oare Marsh this morning arriving at 6am with a view to just getting in some quality birding and hopefully a year tick or two. Napoleon has been seen this week and a couple of Garganey had been reported but I found neither on this visit.

I did enjoy some time with a very showy Sedge Warbler and had a pair of Cuckoo for company as I walked the reserve. A couple of Stock Dove sat on the telegraph poles but I didn't see or hear any Turtle Dove. Bearded Tits and Cettis Warblers showed well before a Marsh Harrier started to hunt the reedbeds. The reserve was quiet so I was quite comfortable in my space but left before the dog walkers took over.

Sedge Warbler at Oare Marsh 
Sedge Warbler
On the way home I stopped at a local cemetery and found a pair of Spotted Flycatchers so pulled out the camera to catch a couple of images. I spent a couple of hours at the cemetery as it was really quiet and I with the flycatchers for company the time flew.

Spotted Flycatcher

No comments:

Post a Comment