Friday 12 June 2020

Red footed Falcon at Fen Drayton

Having broken my lockdown twitch duck with the Marsh Warbler I succommed again today as news came in that the Red footed Falcon was still at Fen Drayton. The journey was less than an hour from home and a venue I've seen Red-footed Falcon before. I pulled up by the bridge over the river and walked north along the river bank for about half a mile. (you could use the main car park and walk back along the busway) I saw the falcon pop up hunting in the distance as I walked along the river but carried on to the busway where other birders had gathered.

One of us is socially distancing
I stopped a good few metres from the small group and scanned the fenceline at the back of the field to find the Red-footed Falcon sitting on a post and managed to get the scope on it for decent views before it took flight again but kept itself distant. As I walked back down the river the bird was seen again hawking the fields in the company of Hobby and Kestrels.

Red-footed Falcon at Fen Drayton
Year list now just  209


No comments:

Post a Comment