Sunday 22 April 2018

Nightingales in the valley

After a very difficult week at work I needed a little birding therapy this morning without the driving so an early run over to Fishers Green gave me just the wind down I needed.
The dawn chorus was in full swing as I arrived with at least three Nightingales singing and waiting for the girls to arrive. A Cuckoo called constantly with a female responding on occasion.

Blackcaps were present in good numbers but I failed to find any Garden Warbler. A Lesser Whitethroat called and a Common Whitethroat showed well as it called. Common Terns are now present and a surprise was a single first summer Little Gull from the watchpoint.

All in all a very pleasant walk and home for breakfast by 9.30am and a continuance of the wind down.

Year list now 190

Nightingale in full song
Not easy to see most of the time
Nightingale
2A16
Egyptian Goose
First Cuckoo of the year
Heron on look out

1 comment:

  1. Lovely series. I hear the nightingale but never see it!! Have a good week Diane

    ReplyDelete