Sunday 28 January 2018

Glossy Ibis at Eastbridge Suffolk

So far 2018 has been a shocker for me on a personal level but I continue to find some comfort in my birding with the days in the field helping to clear the head a little and giving some balance to what is really starting to feel like the proverbial "annus horribillis"

Flying solo I headed up the A12 hoping to connect with the Glossy Ibis at Eastbridge and as I arrived at first light it was already feeding at the back of the flooded field between the bridge and the pub.


Glossy Ibis at Eastbridge in Suffolk
Glossy Ibis
Putting a gloss on it.
With the bird a bit distant I headed back to Minsmere and walked down to Island Mere hide where a Bittern was showing as I entered the hide but slipped away just before reaching the front of the reed bed. Bearded Tits called but didn't sit and an Otter swam across in front of the hide.

As I drove back to Eastbridge both Red and Muntjac Deer crossed the road and on arrival back at the flooded field the Ibis was much closer and gave a few chances to capture the odd image of it.

On the way home I stopped again to check on the Redpolls at Hazlewood and wasn't disappointed as it showed well for a change feeding on the ploughed field with both Common and Lesser for company.

Arctic
Red!
not so red
Coues's


A decent mornings birding

Year list now 153


No comments:

Post a Comment