Saturday 3 February 2018

A closer look at the Horned Lark on Staines Reservoir

Having seen the Staines Lark before Christmas at some distance through a scope I thought today could be the day I get to see it a little better so headed round the orbital car park arriving at the reservoir around 9am. The weather was pretty grim with grey skies, light rain and a biting cold wind but the bird showed well and I managed a few images.

American horned Lark
Little cracker
Horned Lark


On the way home I stopped to watch the Redwings feeding on the green at Theydon Bois.

Redwing
Redwing at Theydon
Must also add that the local Wagtail roost seems to be growing with what looks like getting on for a hundred birds now finding the tree to their liking. The tree has a street like almost in the branches which I guess gives them some comfort and heat.


Wagtail Roost


No comments:

Post a Comment