Saturday 20 January 2018

Black Redstart at Sheringham

Another solo run today so I could spend a bit of time with a certain Black Redstart that's wintering on the sea front at Sheringham and it didn't disappoint.

A Woodcock in flight as I headed up the A11 gave an unexpected year tick before picking up a single Purple Sandpiper on the sea front whilst looking for the target bird which I picked up by the sea watch hut. I spent a few hours watching it and had a little run around the back of Tesco in search of yesterdays Waxwing which had cleared the berry bush and moved on so a dip on these for the day.

On the way home I stopped off at Waxham despite no reports of the Hume's Warbler and after a good look around I too failed to hear or see the target. I did however pick up a single Chiffchaff and a pair of Cranes whilst here so all was not lost.

Year list now 147

Black Redstart
Purple Sandpiper

No comments:

Post a Comment