Sunday 27 September 2015

Garden birds

This morning whilst everybody else was out there finding Yellow-browed Warblers I was sitting in the garden enjoying the various visitors to my feeding station. (It's a dead tree with a few feeders hanging on it)

My first Autumn Blackbird paid a brief visit this morning along with Dunnock, Robin, Goldfinch, Greenfinch, Chaffinch, Great Tit, Blue Tit, House Sparrow, Starling, Collared Dove, Wood Pigeon and a Feral Pigeon.
Fly overs included Sparrowhawk, Herring, Lesser Black-backed and Black-headed Gull, Jay, Rook, Crow and Jackdaw.

I snapped a couple of side lit images of the Blue Tit and Sparrows.

House Sparrow
House Sparrow
House Sparrow
House Sparrow
Blue Tit
After enjoying the garden I couldn't resist the pull of the Yellow-browed so headed up the M25 to Great Warley where I found a neat nature reserve. I scanned every movement around the car park and surrounding paddock finding first Great Tit, Blue Tit, Coal Tit and a Chiffchaff, then a small flock of Long-tailed Tits travelled through with another Chiffchaff and a Goldcrest which had me excited for a second. Movement in the top of the trees looked interesting but turned out to be a Firecrest which was still good to see.

Despite a good search where I was joined by around twenty other birders the Yellow-browed failed to show although I did hear it call in the Sycamore at the car park but failed to actually see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment