Monday 20 September 2021

A bit more garden birding

With Suzannes worsening mobility restrictions I'm spending more and more time at home which has sadly limited my birding exploits this year to date so the garden has become my new patch.

Yesterday I saw a Chiffchaff in the tree and it spend some time feeding occasionally flying to the roof and the lower bushes. Chiffchaff is probably an annual visitor to the garden but only on rare occasions so when it does visit it's a bit special.

Chiffchaff in the garden

Today whilst washing up I noticed a male Sparrowhawk attack the House Sparrow flock but it was unsuccessful on this occasion and after climbing around the base of their safe bush it flew onto my feeding stump. I had the window open so grabbed the camera and managed a couple of shots before it flew off.

Male Sprawk

Sprawk

Sprawk


Oh and the Green Warbler vanished the same evening of my last post saving me the stress of worrying about missing that twitch any longer.

Onwards and upwards.



No comments:

Post a Comment