Wednesday 15 July 2020

Caspian Tern at Frampton Marsh RSPB

An afternoon trip to Frampton Marsh in Lincolnshire delivered the goods today. As I walked from the car park towards the visitor centre a volunteer kindly gave me the thumbs up that the Caspian Tern was still showing well and sure enough I was scoping it seconds later. I decided to walk around the back to get a closer view and enjoyed a few Corn Buntings, Skylarks and Sedge Warblers on route.

Scoping the Tern I found seven Spoonbill and whilst the Tern rested I started to scan the vast number of waders on offer that Included many Black-tailed Godwits, several Knot and a good number of Ruff.

Caspian Tern
A few Dunlin had a tiny Little Stint for company and at the end of the spit I found a nice adult Curlew Sandpiper. Greenshank, Spotted Redshank, Avocet, Common and Green Sandpiper made up the best of the rest but I couldn't find the reported Wood Sand. The Black-necked Grebes have left the nest and I'm told that three chicks survive but I failed to find them among the thick vegetation that now surrounds the water.

Spoonbills
Sedge Warbler
Blackbird
Dunnock
Robin
A very white winged House Sparrow in the garden today


My year list now sits at 233

No comments:

Post a Comment