Wednesday 8 January 2020

Black Throated Thrush at Whipsnade again in 2020

I headed up the M1 this morning to search out the Brogborough Great Grey Shrike and quickly found the layby on Sheeptick End made easy by the fact that somebody has placed a couple of cones there.
I scoped the hedges in the middle of the field and along the rail tracks finding just a Green Woodpecker and Reed Bunting in the first half an hour before eventually finding the Shrike in the distant hedges. I managed to get another guy on it before setting off back down the M1 arriving at Whipsnade around 9.45am. I paid my third entrance fee to ZSL and by 10.05am had the Black-throated Thrush on my 2020 list. I picked up a Grey Wagtail for the year list and then carried on enjoying the Thrush for the next three hours and I have to say it showed really well for the small crowd assembled below its larder and it also spent quite some time in the pig field but didn't move from the general area between 10am and 1pm when I left.

Year list now 130


Black-throated Thrush
It showed well
Black throated Thrush at Whipsnade
Black throated Thrush
Of course I took a quick walk around the park before leaving


Wild Dog
Lynx
Great White Pelican
Lemur
Waiting at first light for the Shrike

No comments:

Post a Comment