Monday 2 December 2019

300 up

I finally made it across the line with my 300th bird of the year today after finding the Siberian Stonechat at Hollesley. I've tried for 300 before and failed and to all those that think it's easy I'd
simply say TRY!

Siberian Stonechat at Hollesley Marsh
Siberian Stonechat
Hollesley Marsh
Anyway from Hollesley we headed up the A12 towards Waxham where we dipped the Red-breasted Flycatcher having shamefully dipped the escaped Eagle Owl at Winterton on the way up. Feeling a little down from this long slow run up the A12 we capitalised on our location with a visit to Buckenham Marsh where we eventually found three Taiga Bean Geese tucked in the distant grass by the railway line. This gave me tick 301 for the year and on the way home we stopped in the Brecks again to try again for Golden Pheasant and this time we got lucky when a splendid male bird came out of the brambles and strolled along in front of us before taking flight to escape our glare.
So after being stuck on 299 for a while I've piled on three ticks today to land on my absolute best total to date of 302 and with a few weeks to go it may well increase further.

Buckenham Marsh


Year list now 302

302!

No comments:

Post a Comment