Sunday 9 September 2018

Landguard for Wryneck and Whinchats

With me and the Jims all needing Wryneck for a year tick we headed up the A12 to Landguard in search of the bird reported yesterday.  We got lucky getting straight on the bird before 8am and enjoyed decent views on four different occasions during the morning.

At the caravan end we found at least eleven Whinchat and at the point a couple of Wheatear.
I picked up a Garden Warbler for a late year tick but we failed to find an expected Pied Flycatcher despite a couple getting reported during our visit. The Jims picked up a Redstart and we had numerous Lesser Whitethroat which is always good.

A decent morning in good company and the year list moves on to 234

Wryneck at Landguard
Whinchat at Landguard
Wryneck
One of the eleven Whinchats seen today
What a little cracker

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos. Good to see such an obliging Wryneck! Can be notorious skulkers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now this if off topic but I'm looking into
    starting my own blog and was curious what all is required to
    get set up? I'm assuming haviing a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
    I'm not very intfernet smart so I'm not 100% positive.
    Any suggesstions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from California! I'm bored at work
    so I decided to check out your site on my iphone during lunch break.
    I enjoy the info you provide here and can't wait to take a look when I
    get home. I'm amazed at how quick your blog loaded on my cell
    phone .. I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G
    .. Anyways, superb site!

    ReplyDelete