Sunday 29 July 2018

A quiet July (Atleast on the birding front.)

So following the birth of my grandson I also had the small matter of my youngest son's wedding last weekend. Add to that ten family members visiting from California and Australia and you'll appreciate things have been a little busy of late since my last birding trip on 1st July where I managed a single tick in the form of a Honey Buzzard from the Acres Down viewpoint. Today however I took a trip into Kent where the Red-necked Phalarope showed well on East flood at Oare Marsh along with ten Curlew Sandpipers to give another two year ticks. This early success then evaporated as we dipped both the Pec Sand at Pegwell Bay and the Marsh Sand at Rainham.

Still as I always say a bad days birding is better than a good days work and it's good to get the year list going again.

Year list now 222

No comments:

Post a Comment