Sunday 18 March 2018

Two new additions to the garden list

The last addition to my garden list was Stock Dove back in November 2016 so it was a surprise to add two in one day.

Whilst watching the regular activity at the feeders with Goldfinch, Great & Blue Tits, Robin, Dunnock, House Sparrows, Starlings etc I glanced up to see what at first looked like a large gull heading over which is very normal but a closer look revealed the bird to be a magestic Red Kite.
It drifted left before turning to fly back over the house towards Epping. I've been saying for a while that it would be just a matter of time before it was added.

Later whilst again watching the feeders I noticed a male Reed Bunting on the ground which then sat on a bush briefly before taking flight. It returned for a short time but never really settled.

Two great garden ticks moving that list to a modest 63.


2 comments:

  1. Love it when there are additions to the garden list. We have added Siskin and Hawfinch this past week. We are only 36 seen in the garden so far behind you. I have just started a new blog purely birds. We saw so many different birds in South Africa last year that I thought they deserved their own blog also with birds of Europe as well. Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hі there! I know this іѕ kіnd of off topic but Ӏ was wondering if you knew where I сould finbd a captcha
    plugin fоr my ⅽomment form? I'm uѕing tһe sаmе blog pllatform аѕ yours
    аnd I'm having difficulty finding one? Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete