Sunday 4 March 2018

And he's off............

The Fieldfare popped in this morning for one more breakfast before taking to the skies allowing the resident Blackbirds and Song Thrush back in the garden to feed.

The wintering male Blackcap was joined briefly by another male and female but like the Fieldfare he defended his garden well and they quickly left without as much as a bite from his stock of apples.

Great to see the winter Thrushes but they do play havoc with the local birds who have come to depend on the garden for survival so I suppose we should be thankful the white stuff cleared in good time to enable normal service as far as the Blackbirds are concerned and good to see the Song Thrush making a few trips to the garden again today too.

The Fieldfare and The Apple
The Blackcap and The Apple
The Blue Tit and The Apple (Glad to see these little guys survived the last week)
Blackcap
Fieldfare
Fieldfare
Until next Time......

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous photos. I was so excited a couple of mornings back to see a Hawfinch in our garden. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet....Hawfinch is a good bird anywhere but in the garden...that's a bit special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to my father who stated to me regarding this webpage, this blog is actually
    remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. many thanks for taking the time to read and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok.

    I'm definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No I haven't ventured into Twitter at this point. I keep the blog as a kind of public diary that I can look back on over the years and of course for people to drop in now and then. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete