Sunday 15 January 2017

Lynford and an Iceland Gull in Thetford

A very wet grey day in Lynford ended with a very wet grey twitch for the Iceland Gull on Thetford tip.

At Lynford I heard Crossbill in the car park but failed to see any. I did find a single Hawfinch sat in the Hornbeams in the paddock and another two flew straight over in the rain. Huge flocks of Siskin noisily flitted about overhead and I found Coal Tit, Marsh Tit, Nuthatch and Treecreeper by the bridge. A Water rail walked along the edge and three Bullfinch added a touch of colour to a very grubby day. A Great-spotted Woodpecker gave another year tick before the weather got the better of me and I left for the short drive to Thetford where an Iceland Gull had been seen this morning.

On arrival there was no sign of either the Iceland or reported Glaucous Gull but after a while the smaller white winger flew in to feed on some scraps at the tip so I grabbed a few shots in the rain to record it and then left to get home for lunch.

Iceland Gull
Iceland Gull at the tip
Iceland Gull

juvenile Iceland Gull


Year list now 140

No comments:

Post a Comment