Sunday 3 February 2013

FIFTY SHADES OF BROWN

Having given up yesterday for work chasing a big finish to the January campaign I decided to take a walk along the Roding today as I have made a limp attempt to call it a patch this year. The river was high and brown, the fields were wet and brown and the trees were leafless and brown, all pretty ugly I have to say. I waded along the river bank through sloppy wet footpaths gathering mud on my boots as I walked.

The River Roding

The bird count for this first trip is.......
MAGPIE, JAY, CARRION CROW, BLACK HEADED GULL, COMMON GULL, LESSER BLACK BACKED GULL, HERRING GULL, MUTE SWAN, CANADA GOOSE, GREYLAG GOOSE, CORMORANT, MOORHEN, COOT, MALLARD, GADWALL, TUFTED DUCK, ROBIN, DUNNOCK, GREENFINCH, GOLDFINCH, CHAFFINCH, BLUE TIT, GREAT TIT, WOOD PIGEON, RING NECKED PARAKEET, BLACKBIRD, FERAL PIGEON, SONG THRUSH, REDWING, FIELDFARE, STARLING, HOUSE SPARROW, LESSER REDPOLL. GREATER SPOTTED WOODPECKER, LITTLE EGRET AND BARN OWL. (36)

The Footpath
So I'm on my way with this patch listing lark....Am I inspired? motivated? interested? I'm not sure it's going to do it for me but I'll give it a couple of goes and let's see if I can get going with it. The benefit is it's a walk from home so doesn't involve more time in the car.

I'll keep you posted! (That's assuming anybody else is in the slightest bit interested too)

OH...AND WAXWING IN THE GARDEN TODAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment