Tuesday 18 July 2023

No Black-winged Kite for me

I haven't blogged since May and that's because I've had nothing to blog about.

My caring/domestic/family duties continue to dominant my life with birding very low down on my list of priorities. It isn't a lack of desire as I still very much long for the benefit being out birding brings in terms of both my own wellbeing both mentally and physically and of course of the challenge to add a few new birds. I missed the Grey-headed Lapwing earlier this year as it was just too far and would have taken too much of my time and yesterday I missed the Black-winged kite as I was busy running my father-in-law to a couple of hospital appointments. This one hurt as it was just a couple of hours drive away but I just couldn't get there.

I did get the camera out yesterday to dust the cobwebs off but only sitting in the garden.









I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Kite is refound and I do get an opportunity on a day I have no commitments and maybe just maybe I'll get a days birding soon.


1 comment:

  1. That would have been an awesome spot brian getting that Black winged Kite. I have missed out on a couple from my local patch/s, namely Little Bittern and a Red Backed Shrike over the last few weeks. Like yourself (I assume) I am a full time Carer fro my wife so my birding exploits also take second fiddle.
    Happy spotting fella.
    Phillip

    ReplyDelete