Sunday 14 November 2021

Year list top targets

Having looked at what Bubo listing thinks of my top life tick targets I thought I'd run a year list target report too.


Having run the report it highlights some relatively easy targets I should still connect with like Whooper Swan, Merlin, Hen Harrier etc but also several summer migrants that I have clearly missed now like Wood Warbler, Black Tern and Roseate Tern.

It also names a few residents that I have failed to see mainly due to lack of travel in this strange post lockdown year. These misses include Dipper, Manx Shearwater, Red Grouse, Black Guillemot, Hooded Crow and Willow Tit.

My car died on the return leg from the Taiga Flycatcher so I'm in the process of sourcing new wheels which is holding me back a bit but I hope to be able to get out and about and close the year by adding a few of these targets to take my year list above that lowest ever of 238.

Some of these missing birds require some travel which I hope to still enjoy if possible.

Abberton alone currently holds Bewick's Swan, Red Crested Pochard and Red-necked Grebe which I failed to find on my last visit but haven't ruled out another go.

Whooper Swan, Hen Harrier and Merlin are all birds I usually stumble upon during my winter days out with visits to Stiffkey, Wallasea and Capel Fleet all on the cards before Xmas.

So the above six are my main targets to get me above that pointless 238 lowest year target and anything else I stumble on between now and the year end will help.

Onwards and upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment