Tuesday 17 November 2020

Short-eared Owls

 I make no apology for posting a few more Owl images.

The weather isn't helping me with these shots, every day seems to get more dull and the wind again today was blowing well from the south west but the Owls did come out for a while preferring to sit rather than getting up in the high wind which did on occasion help with a couple of images as they grounded quite close to me. One day they'll come out to play and the weather will play it's part too until then I'll try to force the light with a high ISO. These shots at 4000 ISO and a shutter speed of just 1/160th. (The flight shot a little noisier at 10,000 ISO) 






I also had a flock of twenty Lesser Redpoll, two Siskins and a very late Swallow whilst waiting for the Owls to appear and picked up three LD2 pointless ticks with Gadwall, Tufted Duck and Pochard on the way to the park bringing the pointless list to 68. 


Year list still 269


No comments:

Post a Comment