Wednesday 19 September 2018

A noteable Pomarine Skua at South Gare

Whilst at South Gare last weekend I took a few shots of the Skua with the small crowd but then they all moved on and left just me and another guy with the bird and it was at this point that it relaxed and started to expel a pellet. This gave me the opportunity to snap a mouth open shot which was something a little different to all the other shots being posted on line and I thought it was probably the best shot I got on the day.

With this in mind it was nice to see the image given a noteable on the Birdguides photograph of the week. https://www.birdguides.com/articles/photo-of-the-week/photo-of-the-week-12-18-september/


I then looked at the RBA review of the week to find the same image featuring in their round up.
https://www.rarebirdalert.co.uk/v2/Content/weeklyRoundup2018-38.aspx?s_id=243838220


So here's the image

The noteable

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha somebody looks very cross. Great photo. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diane
    He wasn't cross but was struggling to expel a pellet of fish scales.

    ReplyDelete