Wednesday 29 August 2018

Red-backed Shrike on Wanstead Flats

Wanstead Flats is a short drive from where I work so when Nick C found a Red-Backed Shrike in the pub scrub yesterday I was hoping to find an hour or so to connect but work took over on Tuesday and was difficult again today so I had to wait until I locked up to make the short trip but it was worth it as I connected quickly with the target and enjoyed an hour watching it in the company of Tony B.
We managed a few shots of the bird in the fading light without disturbing it and left with it still on site and with rain forecast I guess it'll still be around in the morning for others to enjoy.


Another good find Nick, well done.

Year list now 231



Red-backed Shrike on Wanstead Flats
Red-backed Shrike
and without the crop

2 comments: