Saturday 5 November 2016

Cliff Swallow at Minsmere

Whilst in Norfolk yesterday news came through of a Cliff Swallow showing at Minsmere. Time was against a Friday visit so I set off early this morning and negotiated a closed A12 to get to Minsmere just as the bird had gone missing. Two Hours went by without a sighting despite approx 100 birders set up on the hill above the Sand Martin bank by the visitor centre. I left for a call of nature and as I returned so did the Swallows and I was over the moon when I managed to pick out the Cliff Swallow amongst them. The bird settled on a small bush out on the Stone Curlews field before taking to the air to give a twenty minute show as it hawked back and forth along the field.

A nice unexpected tick with this being a bird that seldom makes our shores.

I'm sure there will be some nice images of the little guy but my record shots will remain in that box with the lid firmly closed as just that....record shots!

Year list now 275
Life list now 379


Cliff Swallow at Minsmere 
Cliff Swallow
Cliff Swallow (top left..honest!)

No comments:

Post a Comment