Friday 13 July 2012

Marbled White Butterflies at Canvey Island

In ten minutes today on the sea wall near Canvey Island Football ground I managed to see 20+ Marbled White Butterflies. Also on the wing here were Large and Small Whites, Meadow Brown, Small Heath and lot's of Skippers.


Marbled White at Canvey Island
So in 48 years I hadn't noticed a single Marbled White and now in three days I've seen loads in two venues.......mad how that happens!

Looking forward to getting out at the weekend to find that 250th bird of the year....what will it be?

Well I still have the Quail at Elmley on the radar.
Two Balearic Shearwaters flew past Dungeness this morning and a Serin has been spending some time in the moat there over the last couple of days.
Cattle Egrets have been seen around Bucks today and Curlew Sandpipers seem to be starting to drop in.

I'll have to sleep on it but here's hoping that I make the right decision and head to the right place, arrive at the right time and find at least one new bird for the year over the next couple of days.

Watch this space!

1 comment: