Sunday 27 December 2020

Good for the soul

I had to get out today having hardly left the house for ten days I needed a walk, some fresh air and some birds. I headed back to the local park. With us being in Tier four still I shouldn't be travelling far for my exercise so the park is ideal. I only had an hour or so but was pleased to see the Owls still about and performing quite well and for a change the light was quite good too.


Until today I had resisted the sitting on the teasle shot but it was there as I walked past...be rude not to!
Heavy crop as taken from the footpath!  Most people are thankfully now keeping out of the fields.

Short-eared Owl

Short-eared Owl

Ready to hunt

SEO

Showed quite well

Eyes on the prize

Fully focused

A close pass as the light faded away

These Owls continue to brighten my winter as they've now been here over two months and seem to be doing well for food and have tolerated the unfortunate early disturbance well so hopefully will stay into the new year now.


No comments:

Post a Comment