Monday 12 October 2020

Phalaropes at Keyhaven Hampshire

 A drive down to Keyhaven for first light today delivered a couple of very welcome year ticks in the form of Grey and Wilson's Phalarope.  I had planned on visiting Sunday with a decent bit of sunshine forecast but the thought of the possible weekend crowds put me off but when I arrived it was much quieter but I left at around lunchtime when it started getting busier and I'd had enough of laying around on the wet ground waiting for the birds to swim past me.

Enough words.....here's some images of the birds from today.

Wilson's Phalarope

Wilson's Phalarope

Wilson's Phalarope

Wilson's Phalarope

Wilson's Phalarope

Black-tailed Godwit

Black-tailed Godwit

Grey Phalarope dipping

Grey Phalarope

Year list now 263

No comments:

Post a Comment