Thursday 23 April 2020

Lockdown listing extended

So with the lockdown extended I've continued my local walks...still no car, no camera and no bins in line with intention of daily exercise only but I do have eyes and ears to the lists continue to grow. In the last few days I've added Coot, Mute Swan and today my first Whitethroat of the year so my second year tick in five weeks. Always great to hear these returning migrants in spring.

The garden continues to entertain with several sightings of Sprawk, Buzzard and Red Kite and I'm getting quite a detailed look at the comings and goings of all the breeding birds. Out of the ordinary I had a Greenfinch and a couple of Pied Wagtails in the garden today too.

On the butterfly front I've added Painted Lady, Red Admiral and Holly Blue to the year list today.
Onwards and upwards and stay safe guys.

Year list now 191
Lockdown list now 55

Lockdown makes you appreciate whats on the doorstep a little bit more

No comments:

Post a Comment