Monday 19 November 2018

The last week in Norfolk

The last week was spent in Norfolk with our grandson.
Birding was limited with days out tailored more to the little one with a trip to Hunstanton Sea life Aquarium his highlight. Watching the lights get turned on at Holt was an unexpected high point too.

On the birding front I managed to to connect with the King Eider at Sheringham on a couple of occasions. I got lucky when a Pallid Swift was found whilst I was in Cromer shopping so right time right place for a Lifer. A trip to Horsey to show the guys the Seal pups gave me the chance to connect with the wintering Rough-legged Buzzard and a stop off at Burwell on the way home rewarded me with great views of no fewer than eight Short-eared Owls. 

Gorgeous George
Barn Owl
Bull Grey Seal at Horsey
Curlew at Thornham
Seal pup
Female Grey Seal
Pup
Reed Bunting at Thornham
Short-eared Owl at Burwell Fen
Shortie
Pallid Swift at Cromer

No comments:

Post a Comment