Onwards and upwards
![]() |
| Common Terns |
![]() |
| Kingfisher |
![]() |
| Yellow legged Gull |
![]() |
| Yellow legged Gull |
![]() |
| Yellow legged Gull |
![]() |
| Yellow legged Gull |
![]() |
| Yellow legged Gull |
![]() |
| Yellow legged Gull |
![]() |
| Yellow legged Gull |
![]() |
| Mallard |
The 26th July was really windy and there was an illegal rave on the river bank so birding was difficult and there was little to see too but I managed two Peregrine having a very vocal interaction as I got in the car to leave and had one fly through south basin on arrival too. A single Ostercatcher and nine Common Sandpipers were the only wader action and the best of the rest was 3, Raven and 4 each of Buzzard and Red Kite. The Common Terns on south basin are now fishing for themselves and I find it remarkable how fast they learn these life skills from the parents.I used to have a phrase I used a lot in my training days "teach them to fish don't fish for them" and watching these young Terns brought that to life for me today.
![]() |
| poor shot of the two Peregrines coming together |
![]() |
| Peregrines |
![]() |
| Jackdaw |














No comments:
Post a Comment